Lettings & Property Management
We are well known and respected by our long standing landlords and tenants for the quality of our lettings service. Where others may have a team of people that handle different stages of a tenancy, we do not. We pride ourselves in our more personal touch so you will not be passed ‘from pillar to post”. From the initial valuation to the moving-in of a new tenant either David or one other member of staff number will be your direct contact. We strive to deal with our landlords through quality and good solid customer service. Our landlords look to us to find good, reliable tenants. We are more than just friendly and always approachable.
As we are a small company, we personally work towards all of our client’s happiness and satisfaction, both landlords and tenants. It is important for all involved to fully understand their rights as well as obligations so you will always receive clear, honest and open communication from us for as hassle free a let as possible.
We are happy to work on a ‘tenant find only’ or a ‘full management’ basis and our fees are very competitive.
On instruction of a rental property we will:
- Give you an honest rental valuation of the property based on current market knowledge and local expertise.
- Advice you about your statutory obligations in regard to gas, electric and fire safety.
- Assign a professional and experienced member of staff to the property to personally help you and any prospective tenants throughout the tenancy process.
- Advertise your property on our website and on-line property portals.
- Qualify our applicants and accompany them on all viewings.
- Provide you with feedback from our viewings and discuss any offers with you.
- Take up references on prospective tenants and pass them to you for your approval.
- Prepare the relevant Tenancy Agreement and Tenancy Deposit documents.
- Arrange for the payment of the first installment of rent and the tenancy deposit.
Where we manage the property or if requested by the landlord we can also:
- Arrange for appropriate tradesmen to effect necessary repairs and decorations
- Make arrangements for a Landlord Gas Safe Certificate and any electrical testing that is required.
- Make arrangements for any post or pre-tenancy cleaning that is required.
- Make arrangements for an independent inventory report with digital photos.
- Inform the local council and utility companies regarding any change of occupants.
- Make periodic visits to the property whilst the tenant is in occupation and report any issues to you.
- Explain your options in regards to legal expenses cover and rental guarantees.
- We can also project manage any modernisation or major refurbishment for an additional fee.
- If you have an empty property and just need someone to ‘keep an eye on it’ we can also manage your property during an extended void period.
New landlords: Before marketing
If you are a new landlord kindly consider the following:
- If the property is leasehold, subject to a mortgage or jointly owned then the landlord should obtain the relevant consent before entering into a tenancy agreement. It is advisable to obtain such permission at an early stage.
- Ensure there is a safe connection and supply for gas, electricity and water and any building works or major refurbishments are close to completion.
- You will need to provide an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), Gas Safe Certificate, Electrical installation Certificate and a Portable Appliances Test report.
- It is the Landlords responsibility to inform Inland Revenue that they are letting their property as any rent income will be subject to tax. This includes non-resident landlords.
- Where CJ Properties receives the rent on behalf of a non-resident landlord we are required to pass a percentage of the gross rents to Inland Revenue unless they inform us otherwise.
- Landlords must ensure that there is adequate insurance cover for the property and contents (including public liability) for the entire tenancy and for any periods during which the property may be vacant. Landlords must notify their insurers that the property is to be let.
We are a member of The Association of Residential Letting Agents (ARLA) and The Property Ombudsman Scheme. The Property Ombudsman for Lettings can resolve disputes referred by landlords or tenants that relates to lettings and management agents that are members of the Scheme.
"We pride ourselves on the level of our return business and recommendations from other clients"